1. Birth Mother’s Day. It was my birthday on Sunday (something I don’t celebrate besides with my family because birthdays are stupid) and it was also Mother’s Day (also something I don’t usually celebrate because I have issues) and all the kids made something for me. Kaylie painted something that said “Happy Birth Mother’s Day”, obviously a birthday/Mother’s Day mash-up, but it made me smile. Technically, I am her birth mother, so it fits, but made me smile nonetheless. One thing I do ask for for my birthday/Mother’s Day is that the kids take a photo with me. I’m behind the camera 98% of the time so I figured it would be a reminder that I was actually around for their childhood. At least one day a year.
We didn’t get a single photo with all four of us looking at the camera at the same time, but that’s ok. It’s a photo with all of us in it and that’s all I want.
2. Community. Noah tries to get me into some of the shows he watches and I try to get him into some of the shows I watch, but we rarely have one we both love. Basically, we have Criminal Minds. And Bones, but we haven’t seen much this year. So, Noah has been trying to get me into Community for years and I’ve always been disinterested. Well, when I went to visit Bethany in Omaha last week, she not only got me into the show, but she got me hardcore shipping Jeff & Annie.
When Noah learned of my new-found love of Community, he rolled his eyes, sarcastically raised his arms in the air frustratedly, and said that he should just tell Bethany everything he wants me to like because I listen to her more than I listen to him. The poor dear.
3. My street. Our neighbourhood here (as well as the neighbourhood we lived in in Regina) is tree-lined. It’s so pretty, but all the cars parked on it totally take away from its beauty. Today was street-sweeping day, making the street car-free. It was perfect.
4. OrgJunkie’s pizza. My friend Laura has a blog called I’m an Organizing Junkie which has the best pizza recipe. I’ve used it many, many times and most everyone who has had it has asked for the recipe. It’s a gooder.
Mushrooms and olives and pineapple, FTW!
5. Preston asked me to take a photo of him. He hasn’t been too into photos lately, and I’ve done my best to respect his boundaries. So today when he asked me to take a photo of him, of course I obliged.