1. Winter held off till November 18. And then it came. And here it shall remain till mid April. Last year winter began a full two months before “winter” began, so this fall has been exceedingly excellent. I shall cherish it always.
2. For some reason we’re already done our Christmas shopping for the year. We didn’t plan to be done already, as Noah and I both enjoy walking around crowded malls at Christmas time, but we did most of our shopping online and now it’s all done. Except for stockings. We do stocking shopping on the 22nd or 23rd of December. Maybe the 24th. It’s just fun that way.
3. I had a draft of this post apparently as far back as Halloween. My poor, abandoned blog. On Halloween night we left the house before the trick-or-treaters came, because we’re grinches who don’t do that part of Halloween. We hit the mall for dinner and the book store. I love book stores. Noah loves book stores. The kids love book stores. We’d spend all our time in book stores if we could.
4. The kids and I are in the middle of a six-week Star Wars marathon. On the seventh week? The Force Awakens. We’re all going. The kids and me, that is. I can’t remember the last time the four of us saw a movie together. We’re pretty stoked. Noah’s sick at the moment, so tonight the rest of us huddled in the living room and watched Episode IV and ate tacos and it was good.
5. We don’t own a dishwasher. We’ve never lived in a place with a dishwasher. No, wait, that’s not true. We house-sat for my in-laws in the months between when they left Terrace and when we did. That was the most perfect house I ever did see. And it had a dishwasher. Those were five (six?) great dishwasher-filled months. My point being that sometimes dishes pile up when we’ve been stupid busy, and I did a stupid stack of those dishes (only half are pictured) this evening and they’re done and looking at clean dishes is glorious.