1. I was having a bit of a down day and Noah did everything he could to make it better. Ending in him getting me 5¢ candies which are apparently now 10¢ candies. Inflation! They’re delicious. I think my favourites are the sour soothers.
2. Preston and Liliana are currently having a sleepover in Preston’s room. It brings me so much joy when the two of them are kind to each other.
3. Today was a holiday Monday. I love holiday Mondays. Noah and I don’t have any days off together so holiday Mondays are sacred in our house. I love it when all five of us are home.
4. I love evenings. Kaylie was gone all weekend and is at a friend’s place tonight so Noah and I have had evenings to ourselves starting at 8:00pm rather than 9:00pm. It’s been delightful. Though we missed our eldest child and are happy to have her back home. She went to Youth Quake, which is a youth conference at the bible school Noah and I attended.
Seventeen years ago Kaylie’s biodad and I were there with our youth group and Noah was there with his. (We lived in different cities/provinces back then.) We didn’t know each other. So weird to know we were in the same place at the same time. Did our paths cross? Did we lay eyes on each other at all? Were we in line behind each other? Did we mosh together?
5. I went for a run tonight for the first time in who knows how long. Maybe a year? It’s super icy out so I strapped a pair of those spiky things onto my runners and had no problems. I came home exhausted but revitalized. It’s amazing what some fresh air can do for a person.