I really need this today. So many good things are going on, yet I find myself so mentally exhausted that I can’t muster up the energy for any joy or thankfulness. Enter: grace in small things.
1. Noah is at the beginning of 12.5 days off. That’s 12.5 days of help dealing with
Liliana the kids and 12.5 days of sleeping in (Noah is a morning person)(I am not). I got up Saturday morning just after 10:30 after sleeping until 10:00. Noah was up with the sun to watch the Olympics anyway, and he miraculously kept the kids quiet all morning long. I cannot begin to tell you how marvelous all that sleep was.
2. All the help my dad has given us in our search for a new vehicle. (Thanks, Dad!) I really like our van, and it’s served us well through many road trips, but we’re putting about $500/month into it (not including gas/insurance) and it’s time for an upgrade. My priority is something that gets us from Point A to Point B. Kaylie’s priority is that it has a DVD player.
3. I’m never bored. Ever. Ever ever ever.
4. I got a bunch of web design-type work in these last couple days before we leave on holidays. Gas money, FTW! (Check out Amanda’s new design. I did not design it, I just implemented it, but it looks SO GOOD.)
5. I get to see my whole family in about a week. We haven’t been together with all of us ever. The last time we were together was just after Liliana’s birth. Kaitlyn, Tucker, and Preston were not born yet. All of us siblings, along with my parents, were together for a day last year, for my Opa’s funeral, but Roxanne, Kaylie, and Preston were the only non-original family members there. It’ll be nice to have all 15 (!!) of us together. (We also get to see Noah’s sister, which is also rad.)
Tell me you good things. All your good things.