1. That Saskatoon seems to have been saved from the insane flooding that has been going on in southern Saskatchewan. Flooding makes me feel completely helpless. Nothing can be done to stop it. I hope the rain stops and the water recedes soon.
2. Doing something outside the house that has nothing to do with work. It is a rare occasion.
3. Discovering new things to grow because of friends who come from different cultures.
4. Instilling in my kids a love of gardening and growing things. They want to help all! the! time! I’m trying to let go of my controlling OCD way of planting things by letting them help a bit.
5. Prairie sunrises and sunsets. I grew up in the mountains, and as awesome and majestic as they are, I love Saskatchewan skies A lot.
6. That school is out for the summer! I love that I do not have to drive every day. On a normal weekday I’m driving for a minimum of 2.5 hours. Having an almost-13-year-old means that she can take the younger one(s) to the park/spray park by herself. There are terrifying things about giving her more and more freedoms, but there are also awesome things about it.
7. The times when my kids get along and show love to each other. These are the times that bring me the most joy.