My garden pretty much sucks this year due to late planting because of a work thing of which I do not wish to speak because I’ll get angry all over again, but it did produce some things, for which I am thankful.
1. Tomatoes! I have picked only three, but that’s three more than zero.
2. Dahlias! These have actually been growing quite well.
3. Pumpkins! (In-need-of-polish thumb for scale.) There are quite a few of these. I’m hoping they grow to be giantic.
4. Cucumber! (As in, a singular cucumber.) My cucumber plants are tiny and awful and barely growing, but they produced at least one cucumber, which was delicious.
5. Sunflowers! Liliana planted a row of mixed sunflowers and they’ve grown taller than her. She’s pretty stoked about it.
6. Non-garden-related, Noah and the kids took a trip to the Okanagan to see family and to visit their new cousin, London. They’re quite smitten. Apparently Preston is London’s favourite.