I have a confession to make. I like memes. You want to know why? Because they’re easy. I’ll never EVER like those stupid quiz things on Facebook and will give my left lung to anyone who can teach me how to block ALL quizzes, but I still have an affinity for these meme things. (Most of them anyway.) I’ve made a promise to myself not to litter my blog with memes, but once in a while, I will plague you with one. Like today.
20 years ago:
1. I had my own room (I miss that) (just kidding Noah) (kind of).
2. I was in grade one.
3. I had no idea that mis-matched sweat suits were so unpopular.
10 years ago:
1. I took pride in being a dare-devil risk taker.
2. I had no idea what a real relationship was supposed to look like.
3. I entered public school for the first time and experimented with many things I’d never been exposed to before.
5 years ago:
1. I had just started dating my husband.
2. I fell in love with the prairies while living in Caronport, Saskatchewan.
3. I was potty training Kaylie.
3 years ago:
1. I was three months pregnant with Liliana.
2. I was in a play with the local theatre group. (Kaylie had a part as well!) (And it’s where Brandon met Roxanne. You’re welcome guys.)
3. I weighed less than I ever did since delivering Kaylie.
1 year ago:
1. I thought it would be a good idea to do childcare in my home. Ha!
2. I went off my antidepressants cold turkey and discovered what withdrawal feels like.
3. I last had my side of the family visit.
So far this year:
1. I’ve worked five different jobs, two of them that I currently still have. I love both of them and hope they last a long time.
2. I traveled (by non-air-conditioned van) 5,000 km with just me and the girls. Twice.
3. I made a goal to run a 10k race and completed that goal. Plus a 5k on top of it.
1. got to watch Kaylie’s ballet class for the first time. (kind of)
2. had a blissful moment while I listened to my older child read to my younger child. And then the younger one started the screaming again. ENOUGH WITH THE SCREAMING.
3. lived my 1,376th Monday. I still don’t like Mondays.
1. almost had Kaylie to school on time.
2. started writing a very heavy post that I hope to one day share with you.
3. met my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law in a private chat room for our weekly Bible study. (I love Tuesdays.)
1. will have Kaylie to school on time. (Edited to add: I DID get her to school on time!)
2. will remember all the stuff I have to do before I go to bed so that when I get into bed I don’t have to get up a bazillion times.
3. will not eat any chocolate. (Ppffffffffttt.)
In the next year I:
1. hope to become less insane.
2. might run a half marathon. (Maybe a full?) (are you reading this Kami?)
3. want to grow in my relationships – both here on earth and with my Father in heaven.
Seriously though. How do you pronounce “meme”?