Today’s Reverb prompt: List 10 things you would never do.
Well this could be fun. Here goes:
1. Be a hardcore sports fan. I do my best to support my husband in his
addiction hobby, but it will never be my hobby. Sorry, babe.
2. Go bungee jumping. This was not on my life list for a reason. I can hardly handle jumping on our trampoline because it feels like my brain is bouncing around in my skull. There’s no way I’d do something like that upside-down. My brother did it when he lived in New Zealand and I’m completely okay with him being the only one in our family who has done it. Edited to add: my other brother’s wife commented that he had done it too. I thought I remembered him doing it, but I wasn’t sure. So, apparently the boys in our family are the dare-devils and us girls are completely okay with that. (Right, Erica?!)
3. Choose to vacation somewhere cold. This is self-explanatory, no?
4. Go streaking. Unlike my four-year-old, I like clothes. Lots of them. The more clothes the better.
5. See a scary/horror movie in a theatre. Or, really, at all. Anywhere. Noah loves scary/suspense/horror movies and this is why Talitha (his sister) has to move here so that he has someone to watch them with.
6. Say “no” to someone who offers to buy me my dream camera. What? It’s only a couple grand over our family Christmas gift exchange limit.
7. Not laugh out loud at an episode of Friends. I think it’s time to start at Season 1 and watch them all the way through again. I do it annually.
8. Sing a solo. Or, sing in front of people at all. It’s for their own good.
9. Become a gamer. I can only take about 10 minutes of video games every couple months. And only on old-school consoles. I miss the Atari.
10. Subject myself to the Rocky movies. Sorry, Noah.
This was much harder than I thought. Apparently there’s not a lot I wouldn’t do, although Kaylie threw out “Jump into a volcano! Name your child Vixen! Have a pet giraffe!”